EDGAR Release 23.4
January 8, 2024
On December 18, 2023, the SEC announced several changes to EDGAR Release 23.4. Of note, the Release announced a change that EDGAR will support a new taxonomy, allowing filers to comply with the “Investment Company Names” rule amendments.
A full list of notable updates follows:
- Item 1.05 has been added to Forms 8-K, 8-K12B, 8-K12G3, 8-K15D5, 8-K/A, 8-K12B/A, 8-K12G3/A, and 8-K15D/A to allow filers to comply with certain cybersecurity disclosure requirements.
- The Release announced a new “FND” taxonomy, which allows filers to comply with the “Investment Company Names” rule, which brings new Form N-PORT reporting requirements. The rule also introduced new iXBRL tags for registration statements that pertain to the fund name.
- Filers now have the option to submit forms Schedule 13D and Schedule 13G online in XML format. Filers will be able to voluntarily submit in XML format until the compliance date in December 2024, in which all submissions will be required to be submitted in XML format.
- Filers will no longer be able to submit forms N-LIQUID and N-LIQUID/A. Instead, filers should submit under Form N-RN.
- On February 5, 2024, the filing deadline to receive the same filing date will be extended from 5:30PM to 10:00PM for Schedule 13D, Schedule 13D/A, Schedule 13G and Schedule 13G/A.
What does this mean for me?
FilePoint will handle all related updates on behalf of our clients. It’s important to remember that EDGAR releases differ from a summary for a single rule because the EDGAR releases can cover more than one rule/change, where each change is independent of another and not necessarily related to each other. If you have any questions about this Release, or any other regulatory updates, contact us today to speak with one of our regulatory experts.